Night Of Lights OC Back On After Changes

Night Of Lights OC Back On After Changes

Earlier in the week came the announcement that the Night Of Lights OC event was canceled after Governor Gavin Newsom announced a 10pm curfew; The event is a drive through display of lights and other attractions that we discussed in detail in a previous story.

Now comes the news that the Night Of Lights OC event is back after Orange County and Costa Mesa Community leaders got together to allow the event to happen.

The new dates are from December 10th to January 10th and, the event will comply with the Governor’s limited stay at home order.

Location: 88 Fair Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Save up to $65 off your first Air Bnb booking

Night Of Lights OC Back On After Changes

Night Of Lights Cancelled At Fairgrounds

The planned drive thru event Night Of Lights OC at the Orange County Fairgrounds has been canceled. The cancellation is because of Governor Gavin Newsom’s latest stay at home guidelines. The new curfew that starts at 10pm every night to 5am was always going to become an issue for events later in the evening.

The event producers have said they will return next year to have the event. For people that have already purchased tickets can get a full refund or apply the credit to next years event. To contact the producers of the show visit Night Of Lights OC.com

The mile long drive thru was going to immersive light tunnels and displays with over a million lights synchronized to music but I guess now we will have to wait until next year.

Get up to $65 off first Air Bnb booking

OC Bus Will  Continue To Operate Late Night

OC Bus Will Continue To Operate Late Night

Tonight is the start of the month long limited stay at home order where you are not supposed to be on the streets between 10 pm tonight and 5 am in the morning every night for 30 days.

The order from Governor Gavin Newsome is designed to help with the fight against Corona Virus. If you are out and about late night you will still be able to ride the bus after 10 pm as OC Bus is considered a vital service and, will run normally the same also applies before 5am.

The interesting wrinkle for Costa Mesa residents or visitors is the Costa Mesa Police Department has already said they will enforce the 10 pm curfew. I don’t think the police will be pulling over at bus stops and, questioning people why they are outside after 10 pm but it is possible.

My advice is if you are taking a bus to work or back from work that is a legitimate reason to be waiting for a bus but if it’s something non essential I would do it earlier so you will be home when 10 pm rolls around.

Get Up To $200 For Openning A Chase Bank Account

Costa Mesa Stay At Home Curfew Starts Saturday

Costa Mesa Stay At Home Curfew Starts Saturday

Governor Gavin Newson has issued a limited stay at home order starting Saturday night. The new order because of the pandemic is for all Purple Tier counties which now includes Orange County.

What Stay At Home Curfew Means?

The order means that starting at 10pm Saturday night to 5am and then every night means all non essential work, movement and, gatherings have to stop. The order did stop short of a full lockdown.

Are The Costa Mesa Police Enforcing The Curfew?

The Costa Mesa Police Department Tweeted that the will be enforcing the curfew in the city to protect the health and safety of its residents and visitors.

If you plan to being out and about late on Saturday and plan on visiting a store or restaurant I would check with them because ones that usually are open to 10pm or later most likely will opt to close at 9pm.